Healthcare fraud, waste and abuse cost patients, doctors and taxpayers billions of dollars each year. Fraud takes money away from legitimate healthcare services. Examples of fraud include but are not limited to:
- The loaning of Medicaid ID cards to others.
- Changing of faking a prescription.
- Utilizing more than one Medicaid identification card.
- Deliberately getting conflicting, duplicate or excessive services and/or supplies.
- Selling supplies given by Medicaid or Medicare to others, instead of using them yourself.
- Billing for services not provided.
- Paying patients for services or receiving kickbacks for referrals.
To Report Medicare Fraud, you may contact the Office of Inspector General at 1-800-HHS-TIPS (1-800-447-8477), TTY 1-800-377-4950 or the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) at 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227) (TTY users should call 1-877-486-2048), 24 hours a day, 7 days a week or by mail at: Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, Attention: Mail Beneficiary Contact Center, P.O. Box 39, Lawrence, KS, 66044.Changing or faking an order or prescription.
For additional information on how to detect and report Medicare fraud, you may access this link at www.stopmedicarefraud.gov.
To report Medicaid fraud, waste and abuse, you may contact New York State Office of Medicaid Inspector General (OMIG) fraud hotline 1-877-87-FRAUD (1-877-873-7283). Tips can be completely anonymous—and OMIG investigates all reported information. You can also file an allegation online at: https://www.omig.ny.gov/index.php/fraud/file-an-allegation.
*Please note that clicking on Medicare and Medicaid links will take you away from VillageCareMAX website.