VillageCareMAX is committed to meeting the unique needs of the people we serve. Our members reflect the diversity of New York City. They represent a wide range of languages, racial and ethnic backgrounds, religious beliefs, cultural practices and identities.
In order to serve our diverse communities, we strive to show cultural sensitivity and offer language support. Here are some ways that we meet the needs of our diverse communities:
- Our staff collectively speak over 55 languages.
- We offer member materials, health education materials and key communications in many key languages.
- When you call our VillageCareMAX Member Services call center, we have many interpreters available. Translation services and Text Telephone(TTY) services are available over the phone.
- Staff, including our Care Managers, are trained in cultural sensitivity and appreciate unique cultural, ethnic and religious needs.
- We offer events and outreach services in partnership with many of our city’s community organizations.
VillageCareMAX is always striving to improve care and satisfaction for the people we serve. We study our communities’ unique health care needs and design programs and services to improve health outcomes and satisfaction.